Monday, September 8, 2008

Note to Pizza Hut

If you're going to blanket the airwaves with ads for your new pasta dishes, it would be nice if your restaurant sold pasta dishes.

Actually, two notes: If you're going to blanket the airwaves with ads for your new pasta dishes, it would be nice if your restaurant sold pasta dishes, and your website sucks.

--

So Pizza Hut has been advertising for a while now that they now sell pasta dishes. They looked like they might be good, but not enough to get me to go out to a Pizza Hut and get some. Lately they've been heavily pushing their bacon macaroni and cheese. So after seeing Tyler Florence on the Food Network making bacon macaroni and cheese, I finally wanted some badly enough to go to Pizza Hut.

First I tried to order through their website, where there was a discount on first-time web orders. The Pizza Hut website makes you jump through so many hoops in order to get an order in - I eventually gave up after they said that I would have to provide my driver's license when I picked up my food. I'm not getting carded for macaroni.

So I went out to the nearest Pizza Hut in a huff. After waiting about ten minutes for someone to take my order, I attempted to order some pasta, only to be informed that they had no pasta. Great. That was certainly worth the trip. Makes me feel like Pizza Hut has its act together. And makes it very likely that I'll buy more pasta from them in the future. Mission Accomplished, guys!

No comments: